ANFREL SEA Media Fellowship on Election Reporting
THE ASIAN Network for Free Elections (ANFREL) is calling for applications for its media fellowship on election reporting for Southeast Asian journalists.
The fellowship program, with the theme, “Elections amid the COVID-19 pandemic,” seeks “to equip journalists from independent news outlets and freelance journalists in empowering the electorate through crucial reporting of underrepresented voices and underreported issues during elections.”
Selected fellows will undergo training “to hone their skills and learn about the technical aspects of electoral processes.” The fellows will also receive financial and editorial support to produce stories on election-related issues.
All journalists from ASEAN countries including Timor Leste with at least three years of experience in reporting elections, politics, and/or human rights issues are eligible to apply.
Interested applicants are required to submit the following:
- Application statement expressing interest in the program and demonstrating experience and background as a journalist.
- Resume with at least two character references.
- Links to portfolio/sample works.
- An editorial plan for a story or series that the applicant wishes to pursue
- Waiver from the applicant’s media outlet, if applicable.
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “ANFREL SEA Media Fellowship Application”. The deadline for submission is on 31 August 2021, 5 p.m. (Bangkok time).
For the complete requirements and other information about the fellowship visit the ANFREL page.